Objective Proficiency p 19. Expressions with ‘Have no…’

Fill in the gaps

1.     I have no objection ____ you  _________  the window. It’s really hot!
2.     She has no __________ ____ vampire films. She finds them really boring.
3.     I would not change anything about the past. I have no regrets ______ my past decisions.
4.     No way! I have absolutely no intention _____ ___________ their offer.
5.     The managers realized the company was running at a loss so they had no alternative _____ _____ make a number of employees redundant. Though admittedly, the CEO is ruthless; she would have no ___________ ____ halving the staff!
6.     She swore blind that she had no ____________ ___ telling the children to leave the class.
7.     I can assure you, I have no _________ ____ using this computer program. It’s a piece of cake.



KEY
1.   To you opening

2.   Interest in


3.   About


4.   Of accepting


5.   But to

 run/operate at a loss: to earn less money from something you sell than it costs you to produce it. E.g. two of the mines are running at a loss. We are now operating at a loss.



 regrets about 

6.   Recollection/ memory of  

Swear blind: (informal) to say that something is definitely true. Jurar y perjurar. E.g. He swore blind that he'd already paid back the money he owed me.

7.   Difficulty in

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.