Close-up p 24. Health: Funding for COVID-19. Extra Oral Mediation

 

 

Coronavirus cases 31 March 2020


Coronavirus deaths 31 March 2020

Your hospital has applied for additional funding to fight COVID-19 and to secure it, somebody is needed to record a voice message for the authorities in charge of granting the funding. You are currently a patient at the hospital and you volunteer to do the recording. Some of the health workers give you the pictures above to help you. These pictures will be sent to the authorities together with your recording. 

You can talk about:

- The reasons and the purpose of the funding

- How much money is needed

- What the hospital is going to spend the money on

- The impact the funding is going to have on the hospital and its patients

 

Useful expressions:

My focus today is on...

Let me talk you through why our hospital needs this extra funding

Well, first and foremost, ...

One thing is clear- COVID-19 is here to stay

I think the facts speak for themselves. The charts illustrate...

I don't want to labour the point, but one thing is clear- COVID-19 is bound to...

Turning now to the focus of this presentation, I would like to point out that...

More specifically, I recommend/suggest,...

So to recap on what I've been saying, I strongly urge you to do something about this

Now, if you'd like me to elaborate on anything I've just said, please let me know by sending me a message. 

Useful language to describe a chart:
 
This chart illustrates how...
This
chart compares...
The results that are shown in the
chart are...
As can be seen from these results,
...
According to this chart, 
From the data in the above
chart, it is apparent that ...
We can see on this
chart how... 
The
chart indicates that...
The
chart represents...
The information given in the chart...
The thousands of coronavirus deaths/cases in Spain are shown on the chart.  
The chart shows quite clearly the impact of... 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.