Close-up p 28. Key Word Transformations

People said that the police had managed to retrieve some of the stolen money.
SUCCEEDED
The police ______________________________________________ some of the stolen money.




KEY
The police were said to have succeeded in retrieving some of the stolen money



2. If you need more time to do the assignments you didn't have time to do, please let me know.
CATCH
Should ________________________________________ your assignments, please let me know.



KEY
Should you need more time to catch up on your assignments, let me know.



3. As soon as my phone had been stolen, I erased all its data from a distance
REMOTELY
Hardly __________________________________________________ erased all its data 



KEY
Hardly had my phone been stolen than I remotely erased all its data.



4. It's a shame your phone failed when I was trying to reach you.  
SOONER
I______________________________________________ down when I was trying to reach you.



KEY
I would sooner  your phone hadn't let you down when I was trying to reach you.  



5. Although he has been moving parts of his phone, he failed to make it work.
FIDDLED
Despite ________________________________________________ making it work 



KEY
Despite having fiddled with his phone, he didn't succeed in making it work 
 
 Write two more sentences using words and expressions from our last session:
6. ______________
7._______________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.