Close-up p 36. Questions and Vocabulary

Ex A



EXPRESSING OPINIONS


In my view, / In my opinion, / It seems to me that… / As I see it, / To my mind,
I think/feel that … / I can honestly say that…
As far as I am concerned, / As far as I know, / For all I know, / To the best of my knowledge,
It is my firm belief that
I would dispute the claim that
It is probably true to say that
It is true to some extent that
It cannot be denied that
It would be wrong to argue that
There can be no doubt that
It is simply not the case that
It is difficult to accept the idea that

 

landmark: one of the most important events, changes, or discoveries that influences someone or something. Historic event. Sp. hito histórico. E.g. The Cold War is a landmark that signals the dawning of the information age. Sp. La Guerra Fría es un hito que marca el nacimiento de la era de la información. The discovery of penicillin was a landmark in the history of medicine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.