On Screen p 13. Ideal Holiday Destination. Speaking


 


1.  What would the ideal holiday destination for you be like?

Sample answer

Speaker A: Now, I’d be very interested to (1)________ your views on your ideal holiday destination. Have you ever thought about it? 

Speaker B: As a matter of fact, I have. Why are you asking me this? Are you starting to get itchy (2)_________ too? Anyway, the ideal holiday destination for me would be somewhere hot and sunny near the sea and off the (3)__________ track. (4)_____________ I like the snow, I cannot ski, (5)______________ going somewhere cold (6)____________ not be much fun.

Speaker A: My (7)____________ exactly. Ideally, I would like to visit a tropical island in the South Pacific (8)____________ as Fiji or Vanuatu. This is (9)_______________ I have seen pictures of these places and their cultures look very interesting. What is more, it’s a country of stunning landscapes and unspoiled, secluded beaches.

Speaker B:  Really? I have been looking into it too. Actually, I found out that in Vanuatu they have an unusual bungee (10)____________ ceremony that I would like to witness.  

Speaker A: That sounds very interesting. Furthermore, I also enjoy swimming in the ocean, surfing and scuba (11)____________. What about you?

Speaker B: That applies to me as well. In addition, I am not fond of living in the lap of (12)___________. What I mean is that I don't mind  (13)__________ it since I tend to travel on a (14)___________. For all these reasons, a tropical island with crystal (15)____________ sea and sizeable (16)_____________ would be perfect for us both. I can't imagine a better place to go on holiday.

Speaker A: I couldn't agree more. I am glad you had also (17)__________ it some thought.

 

 

KEY

1. hear 

 

 

2. feet

 

 

3. beaten

 

4. Although 

 

 

 

5. so/ therefore 

 

 

 

6. would 

 

 

 

7. thoughts 

 

 

 

8. such 

 

 

 

9. because 

 

 

 

10. jumping 

 

 

 

11. diving 

 

 

 

12. luxury

 

 

 

13. roughing

rough it

 to live in a way that is not very comfortable for a short time.

E.g.
We can sleep on the beach. I don't mind roughing it for a night or two.
 

 

 

 

14. shoestring 

 

 

 

 15. clear 

 

 

 

16. waves 


sizeable /ˈsaɪzəbəl/ adjective    fairly large . E.g. sizeable amount/number  a sizeable amount of money. sizeable proportion/portion/minority (of something)  Part-time students make up a sizeable proportion of the college population.

 

 

 

17. given

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.