Objective Proficiency p 101. Smombie.

smombie: smartphone zombie. A 'smombie' is a person who walks around with their head bowed down, writing messages or playing games on their phone and not paying any attention to the world around them! I'm too terrified to drive past the college these days. You never know when a smombie's going to step into the road in front of the car!
I was knocked flying the other day by a smombie as I was trying to get a bus. I don't even think she knew she'd bumped into me!
People don't know how to communicate with each other face-to-face any more. They are such smombies!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/features/the-english-we-speak/ep-180402
knock someone flying
to send someone flying through the air
  • The car hit him and knocked him flying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.