1. It's freezing in here. Can you push the window _____?
2. The door is open a little. Pull it ________ so no one will hear us.
3. They became fond __________ each other at school. Their fondness _______ each other grew and many years later they married.
4. He is very proud ______ his son. He often expresses pride _______ the child's achievement.
5. Are you satisfied ________ the way that the business is being run? The shareholders have expressed satisfaction _________ the way it is being run.
6. I am against any form of cruelty _________ animals.
7.There has been a great improvement ______ the behaviour of children in the school. This has resulted ______ the headteacher's idea _______ involving them _______ decision-making.
8. I had to have a vaccination _________ typhoid before entering the country.
9. She stared in amazement ______ the sight that met her eyes- Dave had shaved all his hair off.
10. There seems to be little likelihood _____ Williamson winning Wimbledon because of her inability ______ play well on grass tennis courts.
11. Even though Dennis didn't act ______ my advice and follow a career in medicine, I'm full of admiration ______ his determination _____ train to be a vet.
push something to to close or nearly close something, such as a door. E.g. The door is open a little. Please push it to. Todd came in and pushed the door to.
pull something to to close something, usually a door of some type. E.g. Please pull the door to.
pride (in something) I take (a) pride in my work.
pride (in doing something) We take great pride in offering the best service in town.